Launch Your Career
As Sponsorship Manager, you will be responsible for generating revenue to support a large portfolio of North American business conferences. You have broad business knowledge and strong commercial instincts. You are professional, articulate, and engaging. You know how to probe, listen to, and inspire your clients. You don’t simply “present and tell” to make a commodity pitch, rather, you have a strategic conversation with your prospects.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years conference sponsorship sales experience with emphasis on a consultative sales approach
- Proven B2B sales experience in publishing, conference, or exhibition sales
- Account management experience
Motivated and a self-starter
- Excellent communication skills
- Project management experience
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Able to maintain high volume of phone, email, and personal contacts and prospects to generate leads
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the successful candidate will secure conference delegate registrations for high quality and reputable conferences from top organizations in Canada and the US. If you are a results-oriented sales professional with a demonstrated track record in business development, with a passion for learning and a drive to succeed, this role may be for you.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in business development
- Demonstrated success in meeting sales targets
- Confident, competitive and results-driven
Excellent communication skills including active-listening, demonstrating empathy, and asking probing questions
- Must be comfortable working independently, being decisive, and operating with a degree of autonomy and discretion
The responsibilities for this role include conducting research and assessing the viability of conference ideas, identifying critical issues and reporting on these findings to senior management. You would also perform competitive analysis as well as source and build relationships with sponsors and delegates for new and existing conferences.
- Masters degree, preferably in the business, social science, or journalism field
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
In this role, your responsibilities would include securing delegates to attend high quality and reputable conferences from top organizations in the US and Canada. Using a consultative sales approach, you would establish relationships with prospective clients to support the promotion of our events, as well as generating additional revenue by identifying new leads.
- 2 to 10 years inside sales experience
- Demonstrated success in meeting sales targets and KPI’s
- Excellent communication skills
This role is critical in supporting the planning, co-ordination and execution of our conferences. Responsibilities include event logistics, communications, and materials preparation. You are also required to attend the events and contribute to the customer experience of guest speakers, delegates, and sponsors.
- Post-secondary certification in event planning or equivalent experience
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Creative and flexible with an ability to adapt to developing conditions
- Professional with a solid work-ethic